Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 151. Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque [review]

Today a skin care review dedicated to a product that had me raving at my friend C., who patiently listened to me: Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Mask.

Image from DermStore.

I have long ignored this kind of product, but I have come to a point of my life that my skin needs all the help it can get, so a few months ago I started looking for a good face masque. When I was in London in February I bought a few of their products but I skipped on the mask as I was just looking for fundamental skin care items, but I knew that Dermalogica had a few masques in their range. Then I watched Lisa Eldridge's video on her skin care routine on long flights and she mentioned the Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque and I went for it. And, OMG, it was one of the best skin care buy I ever did.

This masque has a gel like consistency: it's transparent and easily absorbed into the skin. It's really light on the skin and has a slightly cooling effect on my skin.
As per its name, it claims to have hydrating properties and to help de-stress the skin, leaving it glowing and hydrated.

It's supposed to stay on for about 10/15 minutes and then rinsed off.
I tried the Skin Hydrating Masque this way and the effect was subtle and mostly a matter of feeling: my skin feels fresh and rested.

Lisa Eldridge mentioned in her video that she leaves the masque in for the length of her flight, so I thought to leave it in over night. Oh boy. In the morning my skin is rested, bright and glowy. It also feels supple and compact, which is the thing I enjoy the most. Basically my skin feels as it did when I was about 12.
After leaving it in overnight I just wash my face with fresh water and apply a SPF cream. The days after using this masque overnight I actually think I could go out without any foundation on. My skin does look (and feel) that good.

Basically I would like to smother my face with this stuff every given day, but since it costs quite a lot (about $40 per 75ml/2.5oz), I use it about once/twice a week. The good point is that you only need a little bit to cover your whole face.

So this is me, raving about the Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque. If you get the chance to try it, please do! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment