Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 99. Mac Powder Blush in Dame [review & swatches]

I covet Mac Blushes, each time I stop by the Mac store I am tempted to pick up one of the blushes. The only thing stopping me is that Mac Blushes are bloody expensive. So, I just own two Mac blushes and I already reviewed one. Today I am reviewing the other Mac blush I own, which is called Dame.





Mac Dame is a cool toned pink color with a satin finish. Under the right light conditions it has subtle purplish reflections.


This blush is kind of hard and stiff to pick up, so you may want to swirl your brush into the product a bit to pick up enough powder to apply.

If applied lightly it's almost invisible and disappear on my medium-light skin, but Dame is easy to build up in intensity and blends quite easily once it's on the skin. The swatches you see below are the result of a few layers applied strongly, as Dame didn't want to show up on camera even though it was right there on my skin.

Dame is quite rosy, and gives the skin a nice flush of color and the bluish-purplish iridescence is really subtle.

Swatches for Mac Powder Blush in Dame.
Top: natural light; bottom: flash.

I suggest you apply Dame with a stipple brush to have a natural, diffused effect on the cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment