Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 110. Kiko Super Colour Mascara in #10 [Review & swatches]

Another product from my mini-haul  is the Kiko Super Colour Mascara in #10. It's from the same series  my favorite mascara, Kiko Super Colour Mascara in #04, is and shares many of its properties.

Kiko Super Colour Mascara in #08


Super Colour Mascaras comes in 10 shades and are originally from last summer limited collection Active Colours, inspired by the Olympic Games. The shades go from sedated browns to greens and blues. Right now they are on sale at Kiko's for 3,90€.



I was very curious to try this mascara because in the store it looked like a light brown color which would fit my fair hair. It is light brown, but it definitely red tinged, almost bronze at times. It is warm toned, which does not fit quite right with my coloring. It's beautiful, really, and looks natural, and would fit someone with strawberry blond hair perfectly.

Swatch for Kiko Super Colour Mascara in #10

This mascara does not claim any particular curling effect, just color and buildable volume.
The wand is classic, with tightly packed bristles in a topdown spiral. The suggestion is to apply it from the bottom of the lashes up with a zig zag motion.

Kiko Super Colour Mascara


As you can see from the picture below, it has a slight volumising  effect. I usually do two coats tops, as I use brown mascaras to keep my look as neutral as possible.

Kiko Super Colour Mascara in #10
(from the top: no mascara, 1 coat, 2 coats) 
I've found that the SUper Colour formula gives its best a couple of weeks after the mascara has been opened. Right now, as the pictures can attest, the formula is still a little bit two creamy, and the second coat of mascara can result in a bit of clumpiness. It's tolerable, but after a couple of week, the mascara is slightly drier and it's AMAZING: volumising without being clumpy, impalpable.
It is not a waterproof formulation but I have found that it lasts quite a bit of adversities. I shed a few tears while watching a movie while wearing this mascara and the formula withstood it with no problems, and I had no raccoon eyes!

I do like the Super Colour Mascaras, and while this is not quite my color, I'll still wear it because of its natural effect and because I quite like the formulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment