Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 70. Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Steel The Show [review, swatches & look]

This post is completely dedicated to one of Essence Stay All Day Long lasting Eyeshadow: review, swatches and look with "Steel the Show". 



Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadows are cream eyeshadows that promise to last the whole day. 
"Steel the Show" is a metallic grey shade. It is not as dark as it may appear at first, it dries so much more lighter. It is also quite sheer in application: one swipe of color gives just a wash of shimmery grey shade on the lid.
To get full coverage you need at least two layers of color and it is still not completely opaque. 
 
Swatches for Essence Steel the Show Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow
(top: natural light; bottom: flash)
This morning I did a very simple look with this cream eyeshadow since I wanted something quick to apply.

I patted Steel the Show on my lid using my finger up to the crease. Using a blending brush I lightly softened the edges of the eyeshadow. I proceeded to thinly line my upper lash line with my MUFE Aqua Black gel liner. I curled my lashes and generously applied my Maybelline Feather Look Volum' Express mascara. 

Not pictured, but so you know how I completed the look: on my cheeks I lightly applied theBalm HotMama! blush and I went crazy with my lips using my Mac Party Parrot lipstick!


I have got to say that the Essence Steel the Show Stay All Day eyeshadow did an awesome job for a 4€ product. It's bright, wearable and lasted without creasing for almost 8 hours without primer on my fairly oily lids. You can see below a picture of the eyeshadow after almost 9 hour since I had applied it.
I wonder how long it would last if supported by a primer!


A word of caution: the eyeshadow pan is completely plastic and the lid is a bit flimsy. Try to tighten the lid strongly to the pan or the eyeshadow will dry very quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment