Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 65. Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen in 02 (Brown) [Review & Swatches]

Another review of one of the purchase I made in London in February: Suqqu Eyebrow Pen in 02 (brown).


I have a complex about my eyebrow. I think my eyebrows are terrible, they are sparse and are missing the ends, the hairs are thick and long and the shape is terrible; so I am always trying new products to mask their terribleness. 

I heard and saw the Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen in one of Lisa Eldridge's YouTube videos and I have been curious since. So when I was in London I stopped at Selfridge's to pick up one from the Suqqu counter. 

The eyebrow pencil comes in a sleek and elegant black opaque soft plastic case which is lightly engraved with the brand and product names. The back of the case is printed with the product name and ingredients in light gray letters, first in Japanese and then in English.
The pen itself is held in a lucid plastic holder that keeps it from moving around. The pen is black and thin, I'd say it's the dimension of a crayola marker. It has a long felt tip which draws a very fine line. 


The color 02/Brown is a very soft, cool grey toned brown. As for coverage and pigmentation, it's not intense nor opaque. On the skin the color is barely there and this gives to the eyebrows a natural look. 

Swatches for Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen in 02/Brown
As much as I like this product, I think it's not for my eyebrows. As I wrote, my eyebrows are terrible: badly shaped (Benefit brow bar notwithstanding), missing parts, thick and sparse hairs. 

The Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen is difficult to use on such brows because it does not cover much of the empty spots and it's difficult to use with such thick brows in the way: even if I comb my brow up it's difficult to draw in between with this pen.  

I find that this works perfectly to draw the missing ends of my brows: it allows to have a more precise stroke and to draw a thinner line. 

Another good point of this eyebrow pen is that it lasts forever: while the pencils and powders I used since now may give a more defined and fuller look that the Suqqu Eyebrow Pen, they also don't last as long as it does. When I get home at night after 12hr away, the color is all there, while with the other pencils I tried I experienced major fading, with the drawn-in ends disappearing after just a couple of hours. 
Top: my brow au naturelle.
Bottom: with the Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen
As you can see from the picture above, even if my brow is not filled perfectly it looks much more defined and complete, in a natural, not-drawn-in way. 

So if you like natural looking brows or if you have thin eyebrow hairs and no big empty spots, this product may be the one for you. It's a bit on the pricy side (about 20£, if I remember right), but it guarantees long lasting, natural looking eyebrows.  

1 comment: