Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 36. 5 minutes look: Rubenesque + Cork

Easy and quick day look featuring Mac Rubenesque Paint Pot and Mac Cork Eye Shadow!


Products:
- Mac Paint Pot in Rubenesque
- Mac Eye Shadow in Cork
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Underground
- Kiko Super Color Mascara in 04



First, I applied Cork in and over the crease to give depth to my eyes. Mac Cork eyeshadow is a fantastic warm beig-y brown shade that works perfectly for nude looks in warm tones. It has a matte finish and applies smoothly.
Then I patted Rubenesque on my lid, from lash line to just below the crease. Rubenesque is one of the famed Mac Paint Pots, is a permanent shade in warm golden orange/bronze tones. It gives light to the eyes and a wash of color without being too much. Since it's a cream, I usually apply a layer, let it sit for a minute and then do another layer to build up the intensity.

Finally I lined my eyes with UD Underground eye pencil (both upper and lower lash line), curled my lashes and applied my mascara. And here it is: a simple, natural look that literally takes 5 minutes to do.

I paired this eye look in warm tones with a cold pink blush (Mac Dame) and lipstick (a Kiko shimmery pink lipstick) to balance the whole look.






No comments:

Post a Comment