Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Winter Basics: Skin Care

While on this blog you only see my eyes, my cheeks and my lips, I think it's important for you to know what I use to do my skin prep and my foundation/concealer routine for the winter season. This post is dedicated to my skin care routine.

While I am not fanatic about only using organic/bio/natural cosmetics, it's been a year or so that I started using skin care products from Dr. Hauschka, a natural cosmetics brand. Dr. Hauschka (links go to the English version of the original German website) is a German brand with a long history, and strict policies about product sustainability and origin.

I have combination skin (normal to oily) and since I started using Dr. Hauschka products I get lest spots and breakouts, and my skin feels very soft and elastic. I will never have beautiful and spotless skin, but I think these products really helped improving my skin situation.
Using these products also makes me feel better about the substances that get into my body via skin: all Dr. Hauschka products are natural and organic. I think this balances out all the crap my body absorbs during the day.

Skin care routine


Dr. Haushka Skin Care Products
My morning skin care products from Dr. Hauschka





Morning
First I wash my face with the Cleasing Cream (Gesichts waschcreme), then I gently pat my face with the Facial Toner (Gesichts wasser). Finally I proceed with applying the Melissa Day Cream (Crème de Jour à la Mélisse) all over my face and the Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream (Augen Creme) around my orbital bone. After waiting for 10/15 minutes (just time enough to have breakfast), I apply my make up.
Once a week in the morning, I apply the Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Cream to my neck and décolleté.

Night
After removing my eye make up with the Sephora Eye Makeup Remover (or something similar) and my foundation with Dr. Haushka Cleansing Milk, once again I wash may face with the Cleansing Cream and pat my face with the Facial Toner.

According to the Dr. Hauschka's philosophy, this would be all I need for my nightly skin care. Lately though, I noticed I have started to develop wrinkles on my lower eye lids, so I thought to give my skin a boost with StriVectin Eye Concentrate. I only started using it a week ago (and only at night) so I cannot see any results yet. I can tell you though that the concentrate is a concentrate indeed, and very active: when I apply it around my eyes, after a few second I feel a slight cold and burning sensation.

Long post is long, sorry!

Stay tuned for more!
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment