Thursday, January 31, 2013

Empty product of the month

Since it's the end of the month I think it's time to show you what product I completely finished this month, review it and tell you if I'd repurchase it.

Image by tresure




Keep reading to find out January empty product!



This month product is: Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish!



Claim on the product:

This creamy scrub with purifying microbeads cleanses and exfoliates, removing dead skin cells to leave the skin smooth and even-toned. DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Place a small amount onto your fingertips and gently massage into dampened skin. Rinse with warm water.  

 From the Laura Mercier web site more information about usage:
  • Place a small amount onto your fingertips and gently massage product into dampened skin
  • Rinse with warm water and pat the skin dry
  • For normal to oily skin, Face Polish can be used every day
  • For drier or more mature skin, it is recommended that it be used every other day
  • For extremely sensitive skin, mix equal parts Face Polish with One-Step Cleanser prior to application
I have been using this face scrub for a while now (I think it was October when I bought it). Since only the smallest amount is required, it took me a long time to go through the whole 100gr. of product.

For the first period I used this, let's say for the first month, I followed the instructions to the letter: I tried using it every day, since I have normal to oily skin. And it worked wonders on my skin. I'll never have a perfect skin but this scrub helped me get rid of small bumps and rough spots.

After the first month, though, I found that my skin normalized a bit and that using the face polish every day was a bit too much, so I switched to use it only every other day, according to my skin condition at the time. I try to focus on my problem areas (nose and around it, forehead, jaw line) and just give a cursory massage to the rest of my face.

The Laura Mercier Face Polish is a very delicate scrub: the beads are invisible, and at first touch you may not even feel them. Only when you start massaging your skin you start feeling the microbeads. It has a light orange coloration and little scent, which makes it perfect for my sensitive nose. You don't have to press the scrub into the skin or it will hurt and redden your skin, just massage it gently as if it was a face cream.

Would I repurchase it?
But why, yes! and I already did! I started getting worried when I was running low so I went and bought another tube! It's a bit pricey (about 32€/30$) but it lasts a long time and to me it's totally worth it!






Once I am done with this tube though, I am going to try out one of these two products: the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or the Olay Essentials Smoothing Face Scrub. Both are daily face scrub/exfoliant with similar properties to the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish, which I recommend all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment