Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8. Greenleaf

A makeup look inspired by trees and leaves, in the tones of springtime greens.



Products:

- Neve Intensissimi Palette in Banana (inner corner), Alien (lid), Grass (crease)
- Mac Fluidline in Rich Ground
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyepencil in Mildew
- Artdeco Bronzing Glow Blusher 
- Stila lip&cheek stain in Coconut Crush

On the eyes I used three colors from the Intensissimi palette from Neve Cosmetics, an Italian mineral cosmetics brand. First I patted Alien (the lighter green) on the lid. I applied Grass in a C shape from the crease to my lower outer lid. I blended Grass up toward the brow bone  and toward the inner corner of my eyes. I applied both Grass and Alien on my lower lids. Banana, a yellow eyeshadow, went to the inner conner.
On the upper lines, I used Mac Fluideline in Rich Ground. I lined my lower waterline with UD Mildew. 
On my lashes I used Kiko Super Color Mascara in 04. 




On my cheeks I used the Artdeco Bronzing Glow Blusher.

On the lips, I applied the Stila lip stain in Coconut, which has a nice natural color with a slight glow.


Product swatches.


The Neve Intensissimi Eyeshadows I used are mineral eyeshadows with a demi-matte or light-pearly finish. They are a bit stiff in the pan, but apply and blends well on the lids. The pigmentation is good. 

Neve Intensissimi in Alien, Grass and Banana (top to bottom); on the left, eyeshadows applied
over base (Mac Painterly), on the right with no base; flash.  

Neve Intensissimi in Alien, Grass and Banana (top to bottom). Natural light,
on the left, eyeshadows applied over base (Mac Painterly), on the right with no base
The Stila lipstain in Coconut is a warm dark-pink/brown-y shade with a light shimmer. It lasts 3/4 hours on my lips without feathering. It's a bit drying on the lips. 

Swatches for Stila Lipstain in Coconut (natural light/ flash)

The Artdeco Bronzing Glow Blusher is a light, warm pink with gold shimmer blush that is quite hard to pick up with the brush from the pan, but that blends well on the skin. The packaging also is beautiful.
Swatches for Artdeco Bronzing Glow Blusher (natural light/flash)
The Urban Decay Eyeliner in Mildew is one of the famed Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil. It is smooth and soft, it doesn't tug on the skin. On the waterline it doesn't last long (5/6 hours for me) but on the skin it works wonders. Mildoew is muted grey green shade with a slight golden shimmer. 

Swatches for Urban Decay 24/7 Eye pencil in Mildew.

No comments:

Post a Comment