Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 13. (Get) Outta my way.

Today, I present you a party look, with dark colors and false lashes, for a crazy night out.




Products:
- Neve Cosmetics Scurissimi Palette in Shopping and Retrò
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Black
- Eylure False Lashes 146
- Maybelline Falsies Feather Look Volum' Express Mascara
- Mac Powder Blush in Melba (not pictured)
- Mac Lipstick in Sweet Sunrise (not pictured

On the eyes I did a two color look, using two color from the Neve Cosmetics Intensissimi Palette: shopping on the lid (purple/violet color) and Retrò (dark, moss green with golden flecks) in and over the crease. To keep the contour of the eye defined and precise, I put a bit of adhesive tape from the corner of my eyes to the end of my brows. I did this before applying my eyeshadows and my eyeliner. 
After the eyeshadow, I lined my eyes using my trusty MUFE Aqua Black gel liner with a thin brush. 
Finally, I curled my lashes, and after a long struggle, I managed to apply my brand-new false eyelashes from Eylure and a coat of my Maybelline Mascara to blend my real and false lashes together. I re-applied a bit of gel liner to cover the line of the false lashes. 
On my lips I used a naked color, Sweet Sunrise from Mac, and on my cheeks I used Melba, also from Mac (swatches for the lipstick here, and for the blush here). 







Swatches and reviews.



The eyeshadow colors from the Neve Cosmetics Intensissimi Palette are really good products, but the color payoff is way better with a primer/base (in the picture I used my usual Mac Painterly Paint Pot), especially for Shopping, the purple/violet color. They are a bit powdery but blend easily on the skin. I never used them without a primer/base, so I can only say something about their lasting power when applied with a base: on my eyes, the colors last about 8/10 hours without any noticeable creasing or fading. 

Neve Cosmetics Shopping and Retrò eyeshadow pans
from the Intensissimi Palette


Neve Shopping and Retrò eyeshadows (with and without base).
Picture taken with flash.

Neve Shopping and Retrò eyeshadows (with and without base).
Picture taken in natural light.



The Eyelure false lashes in 146 are from this deal I got from Asos. You got two pair of false eye lashes and strip to care for your eyebrows for about 8€/10USD, which I do not think it's bad at all.
I am kind of new to the whole false lashes thing, so I can't make any comparison. I had troubles with applying the lashes, but I put that down to my utter lack of manual coordination. The 146 are a really nice shape: they give volume and a slanted eye shape which I adored. 

Eylure 146 False Lashes in their packaging (image taken from asos.com)

Eylure 146 False Lashes (image taken from asos.com)


The only thing I don't like about this pair of lashes is that it lost its shape after just one use. I am no expert and I may have handled them a bit roughly but they seem a little bit too ratted out after just one night of wear. It doesn't help that the packaging they come in does not have the little plastic curved shape to keep them in place and maybe help with their shape a bit. As you may see from the picture (if not, head to the asos website, it has a nice zoom-in function!), you are supposed to lay them in their plastic case, where there are two little dots with a sticky-adhesive substance to attach the hair of the lashes to. I don't know, I prefer the little moon-shape plastic thingies that other brands use for falsies: to store my Eylure 146 lashes I used the H&M false eyelash pack.
At some point I'll have to do what Koren from Enkore Makeup suggests in this tutorial if I want to use this pair of lashes again!

Let me know what you think!
See you tomorrow with another post!



No comments:

Post a Comment