Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10. Naturally

The look for today is on my sister B., who kindly let me take pictures of her eyes and post them on my blog.

B. doesn't like colorful make up, so she wanted something light and natural. Since she was in a rush, I used cream products, easy to apply and blend.



Products:
- Elf Cream Shadow in Bronzed and Natural Glow
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyepencil in Bourbon
- Kiko Super Color Mascara in 04

No products on the cheek or lips because B. didn't want any. 
On her face, she used MUFE HD Foundation in N120 and Benefit Erase Paste in n.2.

Pictures are especially crappy today, as I was the one who took them, and I am a crappy photographer. Sorry!




On the whole lid I applied the Elf cream eyeshadow in Bronzed, a warm toned brown, and blended up and over the crease (but not too much). I highlighted the inner corner of B.'s eyes using Elf cream eyeshadow in Natural Glow. I lined her eyes lightly using Urban Decay eye pencil in Bourbon. Finally I curled her lashes and applied copious mascara.
The result is a no-makeup makeup that brings attention to B.'s eyes without being too noticeable.

Diffused light

Flash

Diffused light

Flash



Swatches




The Urban Decay Bourbon eye pencil is another fantastic eyepencil: it glides on the eye without pulling or tugging on the skin, the color payoff is fantastic, and it's smooth and soft.

The Bronzed cream eyeshadow from Elf is a warm brown-bronze shade with a barely there sheen, that applies easily. It doesn't dry instantly, so it's easy to mix and blend it with other colors.
Natural Glow is another cream eyeshadow from the same brand, in a golden tone with tons of shimmer. It's rather patchy and it does not apply evenly on the skin, so I'd rather use this shade only on small areas (such as the eye inner corners)

Swatches for Urban Decay Bourbon eye pencil, Elf Bronzed cream shadow,
Elf Natural Glow cream shadow (natural light/flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment